We are designing a smart locker system
One of the first things we did to create an overview on the tasks in front of us, was to make a State Diagram and a Sequence Diagram of the needed functions.
Furthermore we reflected upon what functions could make the user-journey more pleasant, optimizing the ease of use, and how to make the locker work optimal if it was implemented at DTU (large scale)
- Storing user name paired with a locker number, so the user can easily find his or her locker. If the user scans a locker that is not his own locker it will tell which locker number that is the right one. Another possibility is that the system could send an e-mail to the user with the right locker number. This would also prevent thievery if the card was used by someone else.
- If you lose your card it should be possible to unlock the locker through the app.
- Giving another person acces to your own locker either by applying a second user or by unlocking the locker on time base from the app.
- Should the locker be locked or unlocked when it is not in use?
- Group lockers – giving access for several users which would be an advantage in group projects.
- Timer. User recieves a message if the locker has not been onlocked for three months
- Limit switch to register if the locker is completely closed before it can lock.